Role: The Cisco Security/Route Switch Engineer is responsible for designing and implementing complex converged networks, mentoring junior engineers and supporting account managers. To successfully complete the assigned tasks, it is critical that the Cisco Security/Route Switch Engineer have the skills to successfully communicate with customer and other technical resources in a timely manner.
This position will report to the Engineering Manager.
- CCNP required, CCNP-Security or CCSP a plus, CCIE large plus. Knowledge of Cisco VOIP a plus.
- MUST have Cisco security experience, including ASA8.2 and 8.3, Ironport email and web appliances, NAC/Clean Access, ISE experience preferable, Router security (VPN and ACL), and Switch security (DHCP snooping, Source-Guard)
- Knowledge of Quality of Service, IPSec, Multicast and load balancing techniques are also essential
- Experience designing and implementing converged networks which should include the following: IP, ATM, Frame Relay, Wireless-based technology
- Cisco Wireless Controller experience needed.
- Palo Alto experience preferred.
- Ability to design enterprise network routing architectures using protocols such as OSPF, EIGRP, BGP and static routes
- Strong ability to troubleshoot complex multi-vendor network issues in the LAN and WAN networks
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, including the ability to interact effectively with executives, engineers, sales people, vendors and peers
- This position will be based in Alpharetta, GA
- Responsible for implementing new project work for customers
- Responsible for fielding / handling Day 2 Support work orders
- Responsible for updating / closing Work Orders with relevant incident information
- Responsible for coordinating with other engineers on issues that require advanced trouble shooting abilities
- Manages customer needs associated with the support, maintenance, and management of the customer’s information systems
- If assigned a Day 2 Support issue will assume lead role during outages including issues with hardware, operating system, application and network problems. Acts as the owner of the problem through resolution and is responsible for assisting in analyzing and taking action to resolve the problem and is capable of acting on own authority
- Responsible to keep upper management informed of issues
- Engage with appropriate Cisco technical and sales personnel on a planned schedule to keep them informed of successes, issues and opportunities
- Travel within driving distance of Atlanta will be required
- Occasional weekends and after-hours projects
- Must enjoy and be willing to learn new technologies
YOUR COMPENSATION, BENEFITS AND PERKS
Most companies think their greatest assets are their employees. We KNOW this is true so invest in creating a fun and dynamic work environment with great pay and awesome benefits.
Here are just a few of the Working at ADCAP Advantages:
- Aggressive salary based on your experience and skills
- Strong commission program with realistic accelerators
- PLUS Bonus Potential – if you go above and beyond, you should be rewarded!
- Comprehensive Health, Dental and Vision insurance plans
- Multiple different plans to choose from
- Tax-free Flexible medical spending account available
- 401k with 50% company matching and life insurance program
- Nine Paid Holidays plus increasing PTO annually (UNLIMITED PTO after five years!)
- Company-provided smartphone and Lenovo Carbon X1 ultrabook
- Mileage reimbursement for all business travel
- Free Starbucks coffee, sodas, juices, water and a variety of snacks!
- Plus homemade cookies!
- Opportunity for continued education through conferences, classes and internal training
- We prefer to promote from within, so invest in our team!
- Paid monthly volunteer hours for charity plus company matching charity donations
- Fun work environment with ping pong table, basketball hoop and social events like trivia night, bowling and pool parties
- And more!
If you fit this profile and think you have what it takes to work as a Cisco Security/ Route Switch Engineer at Adcap Network Systems, contact Brad Wilkins at 678-781-4450 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Last Updated: March 22nd, 2013 |