Role: Cisco IP Voice Engineer is responsible for designing and implementing complex converged networks, mentoring junior engineers and supporting account managers. To successfully complete the assigned tasks, it is critical that the Cisco IP Voice Engineer have the skills to successfully communicate with customer and other technical resources in a timely manner.
This position will report to the Engineering Manager.
- CCVP certification is required, CCNP a plus, CCIE preferred
- MUST have VoIP and IP Telephony experience, including CallManager 5.0+, CallManager Express, Unity 4.0+, Unity Connection, and Unity Express. Experience with Microsoft Exchange, Cisco IP Contact Center, Presence, and/or Meetingplace Express is very helpful.
- Knowledge of Quality of Service, IPSec, Multicast and load balancing techniques are also essential
- Ability to design enterprise network routing architectures using protocols such as OSPF, EIGRP, BGP and static routes
- Strong ability to troubleshoot complex multi-vendor network issues in the LAN and WAN networks
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, including the ability to interact effectively with executives, engineers, sales people, vendors and peers
- Bachelors Degree required, with 2-5 years experience
- This position will be based in Alpharetta, GA
- Responsible for implementing new project work for customers
- Responsible for fielding / handling Day 2 Support work orders
- Responsible for updating / closing Work Orders with relevant incident information
- Responsible for coordinating with other engineers on issues that require advanced trouble shooting abilities
- Manages customer needs associated with the support, maintenance, and management of the customer’s information systems
- If assigned a Day 2 Support issue will assume lead role during outages including issues with hardware, operating system, application and network problems. Acts as the owner of the problem through resolution and is responsible for assisting in analyzing and taking action to resolve the problem and is capable of acting on own authority
- Responsible to keep upper management informed of issues
- Engage with appropriate Cisco technical and sales personnel on a planned schedule to keep them informed of successes, issues and opportunities
- Travel within driving distance of Atlanta will be required
- Occasional weekends and after-hours projects
- Must enjoy and be willing to learn new technologies
Compensation and Benefits:
- Pay Negotiable based on experience
- Bonus Potential
- Health and Dental coverage
- Adcap participates in the e-Verify program in accordance with the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services.
If you fit this profile and think you have what it takes to work as a Cisco IP Voice Engineer at Adcap Network Systems, contact Brad Wilkins at 678-781-4450 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Last Updated: March 21st, 2013 |